Drone vs. Spear

      Just in case you haven't heard about this yet, I wanted to share teh awesome.  Apparently, at a historical reenactment a few days ago in Russia (read: Ren Faire), some guy brought his drone to take some cool aerial footage.  He didn't seem to grasp the fact that this was a historical reenactment. People take this stuff very seriously, they go all out finding materials and tools for historically accurate costumes and props. So no surprise, people were pretty bent out of shape about the drone.
      So much so, one warrior decked out in full costume with shield and helmet chucked his spear at the thing.  And hit it.  And down, down, down it went.

      I want to buy that man a flagon of mead.
      Or whatever they drank in medieval Russia. I'm sure it'll put hair on my chest.
      In other news, tomorrow is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day here in the good ol' US of A. You can use my recipe if you want. Otherwise, I recommend Alton Brown's.  Just remember to serve them fresh and warm, with plenty of butter, honey, and/or gravy!

2 comments:

  1. Just read your post on buttermilk biscuits. As hard as I try my biscuits are terrible. I will definitely try your recipe. And AB's fried chicken. PS I know how anal you are about typos and I do the same one all the time. Why do our computers (who are so supposedly so damn smart, not know that teh should be the? It changes other stuff that is logical. Sometimes for the worse. Since the new updates I can't find where to tell my computer that if I recognize a pattern to correct it. One of my pep peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My version of Microsoft Word does autocorrect that particular misspelling, maybe your daughter could tell you how to enable the feature.
    Let me know when you decide to make chicken and biscuits, because I may very well fly all the way out there just to eat them!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.