"When somebody says he's talking to God, he's talking to me. Or, talking to himself."

      And now Alan Rickman.  So far, 2016 has not been kind to brilliant British artists age 69.
      I've been a huge fan of Alan Rickman ever since "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," where he played a frankly perfect Hollywood villain.  I keep hearing on the news that he was "best known for his role as Professor Severus Snape in the 'Harry Potter' film series," or that his best role was in 'Truly, Madly, Deeply.'  However, my all-time favorite role for Rickman was undoubtedly The Metatron from the Kevin Smith film, "Dogma."

"You people. If it's not in a Charlton Heston movie, it's not worth knowing."
      As far as I know, there are two more movies coming out that claimed Alan Rickman among their cast members. "Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass," and "Eye in the Sky."  I was undecided whether to see either of those films in the theater, but since it will be my last chance to hear that man's brilliant, languid tone in perfect surround sound, I think I need to.

      Ohayocon starts today!  I'm so stoked I don't know what to say.  Except there is no way I'm missing the "Hearts As Strong As Ponies" panel--talk about the perfect opportunity for hard, fast Con immersion!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.