My Baby's fun had gone, and left my Baby blue....

      David Bowie passed away last Sunday.  He was a rock icon, one of the great alternative music geniuses of the late 20th century.  To be honest, about half of his songs annoyed the hell out of me*, but just because I don't enjoy something doesn't mean I can't recognize and even appreciate the artistry.  Besides, the other half of his music was some of my favorite.
      I wanted to salute this genius by watching "The Labyrinth" (of course).  My husband nixed this idea.  Apparently, the movie traumatized him as a child, and he's just not ready to confront those demons.  So instead we drank a toast and listened to one of Bowie's most ingenious works, "I'm Afraid of Americans."

      But will somebody please explain to me how this is less traumatic than Jareth, the Goblin King?**



*Especially "All The Young Dudes"--I hate that song, and the more it gets stuck in my head, the more I hate it!

**If you say "the outfits," I'm going to disown you.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.