Z.D. Do You Still Exist?

     That's a very deep & philosophical question, hypothetical querent.  Did I ever really exist?  Do you?  As a cheerfully gullible person I'll just say "yes" to both of those.  But I understand what you mean: a year ago I said I was all-in for this blog once more, only to follow my usual pattern & fall silent.  Sorry about that.

    The explanation is also the same: time is precious, & what extra time I have has been going into my latest writing project.*  I even wrote out very concrete goals for 2021 (with some help from some awesome writing buddies).  Want to help hold me to task?  Here's the goal for the first quarter:

3-Month Goal(s)

Goals I aim to accomplish by March 31, 2021.

Desired Goal: To have a complete first draft of The Specter Street Book Emporium

How to Achieve: Writing for at least an hour a day, at least 5 days a week

What Success Looks Like: A complete manuscript with cohesive plot, beginning, middle, & end

 

Desired Goal: To have at least found resources/contacts to interview for each area where I need research

How to Achieve: Clarifying my research questions, taking initiative to ask

What Success Looks Like: Scheduled interviews on my calendar (or completed)


    Good stuff, right?  Concrete, reasonable, time specific--all the key features of good goal setting.  And I've been keeping to it!  I'd say I'm about 75% of the way done with my first draft.  All the same, I'm unsure whether or not I'll have a completed manuscript within the next 5.5 weeks.  If I do, it will be very, very rough, but I'm Ok with that.  Revision is both something I enjoy & something I do with relative speed.  It's a good thing I have the best writing coach ever snoring right next to me as I type....

Right now she's saying: "Why are you taking pictures of me?  You should be writing!  Or petting my fuzzy head!  Or both!"



*Well...that & watching "WandaVision," but that only gets updated on Fridays!  

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.