GEEK OUT!!! Trailers and Leaks

WARNING: This post contains severe geekiness. For your protection, I have separated it into three parts. As you advance, the geek level intensifies. If at any point you feel uncomfortable/out of your depth, just stop. It's Ok. There's no judgement here.


LEVEL ONE: Star Wars
      Just in case you haven't seen it yet, the second trailer for the new Stars Wars movie came out yesterday. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

      How do you know you're a geek? When you cheer more loudly at Han's line at the end of this trailer than you have at any sporting event, ever, in your whole life.
      Guilty as charged.


LEVEL TWO: Game of Thrones
      A week ago the first four episodes of season 5 of HBO's "Game of Thrones" series were leaked. These were made available for free online - all at once - the day before the first episode was set to air on HBO. However, since they were versions specifically made available for critics to preview the season, they were not in HD. So...to watch, or not to watch? That was the question.
      I won't lie: my husband and I do not have cable, so in previous years we have been unable to watch GoT legitimately. And yet, somehow, I've seen all the episodes. In HD. Multiple times. I will leave it to you to imagine how we accomplish this. So when we heard that now we could see the first four episodes right away...! We had to have a very serious discussions.
      In the end we opted not to watch the leaked episodes. Here was our reasoning:

a) My husband, at least, has read all the books, and already knows what's going to happen.*
b) We have a great TV set and really like watching things in HD.
c) If we watched the leaked 'sodes, then we'd have to wait a whole month before getting another dose.
d) Frankly, I like the wait.

      Yes, it's true. I like the wait. The excitement of opening my childhood gifts on my birthday was always greater than the thrill of trying to find where they were hidden around the house. For me, the excitement is all the greater for the wait, so I'm content to let the suspense build. The anticipation makes great foreplay.
      Now, is this the case for everyone? Obviously not. For some people, the thrill of hunting down the forbidden - or of getting there first - is the spice that takes things to the next level. Which is fine, it takes all kinds. No, the problem is that some people assume everyone is like that, and these are the people to pollute the internet with spoilers. (Perhaps there is an additional thrill in showing off, "look what I watched before you did!") This is where my relative online ignorance comes in very handy. I get my news from newspapers and radios. I don't read a ton of blogs. I'm not on Facebook (for now). I don't do Twitter (again, for now). And so I've remained happily oblivious to any possible spoilers that may come from the GoT leaks. This has not been the case for my unfortunate husband. But then again, he wasn't too disappointed; he's read the books.


LEVEL THREE: Attack on Titan
      If you read the title of this section and went, "Huh?" just turn back now.
      If, on the other hand you read the title of this section and went, "Have they finally announced when the next season will be aired!?!!" keep reading.
      No, they are still postponing the next season of the anime, "Attack on Titan." But my husband just apprised me of this astonishment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njH4Y1UBucw

      Yeah, that's right: Live Action "Attack on Titan."  Just sit back and ride the high.
Here's more info: http://asianwiki.com/Attack_on_Titan_%28live-action%29


     Ok, Geek Out session is over. Back to cooking. *whew*



*Since I started the show first, I intend to watch the show to its conclusion, then read the books. If I had started the books first, I would have read all of them before watching the show (which would be a problem, since the series isn't finished yet). It's just how I roll.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.