Stop the ride, STOP THE RIDE!

      And just like that, the query letters have been sent. All 44 of them. To see what fortune is gleaned from these meagre thrusts of vanity, check my Publishing Process page on the lefthand sidebar.
      If I sound somewhat blearg, that's because I am. After weeks of preparation, the final cutting, pasting and emailing was all done in a matter of hours--and those hours were basically like being on the most intense roller-coasters in the world, consecutively, non-stop. My skull was pretending it had been partially filled with helium, doing that tipsy-light thing. My stomach was impersonating several pieces of crumpled paper being blown about in a dry wind against a brick wall. Just like a roller-coaster, it was simultaneously elating and terrifying, relinquishing control at last, putting myself entirely at the mercy of outside forces. And, just like a roller-coaster, after doing it for too long I feel exhausted and somewhat nauseated.
      I intended to add this month's pie recipe to this post, but frankly I'm too wiped to type anymore. I'm going to find a healthy dose of chocolate and spend the evening watching something childish and animated to refresh my spirits. Tomorrow there will be pie.

      Oh, and trust me: this pie will be worth the wait!

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.