When Life is Life-like

      As I've previously related, I am in the process of moving.  And that process just got longer, because we just learned that rather than joining me next month, my spouse will not be joining me for another year.  Because medical professions can be really, really unreasonable sometimes.*
      That means my hectic life just became my even more hectic and waaaaaay more unpredictable life for awhile.  And of course, it's the writing that suffers.  How much so?  It took me a solid week to write 5 pages.  Double spaced.  With zero corrections, because I don't have time.
      So priority #1 in the Maintaining My Sanity department will be working out a daily schedule/strategy for getting in more writing.  Fortunately, I have been finding time for cooking, especially with all the spring holidays.  But since none of the recipes were my own I can't share them here.  I will instead share with you a picture of the lemons we used to make our dessert...

The one on the left is a Meyer lemon, the best thing to happen to citrus since Satsumas.  The one on the right is a Ponderosa lemon, which is the weirdest thing to happen to citrus since Kumquats.
      ...and a picture of the dessert that we made.
Except we only used Meyer lemons in this.  The Ponderosa was fun, but ultimately far too acidic - and even a touch bitter - for this lovely, lemony dessert.  


*If you work in the medical profession and are reading this, you are likely making some sort of snorting sound and muttering, "...unreasonable ALL the damn time."  And you would be correct.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.