Wimpy-wimptastic Wimp Action!

      I just posted the latest "Shadows on the Sound" podcast episode.  It's about possession.  We had a real priest as our guest (although we knew him back when he was just a big current events nerd in middle school).  And then I freaked myself out by doing a Google Image search for "The Exorcist."
      You've heard/read me say it before: I. Am. A. WIMP.  Total, cringing, mewling, hide-my-head-under-the-covers-and-eat-"Peeps" wimp.  I find the experience of being scared very unpleasant, so I generally avoid it.  But to prepare for recording this podcast 'sode, I needed to do some kind of research into the fiction of it.  So I went to the best known book on the topic: "The Exorcist," by William Peter Blatty.*  Allowing myself to skim some pages so I could focus on the possession-related parts, I read the whole thing in under 24 hours.  And I managed to not be too scared.  Just...disturbed.  Like, really, really disturbed.
      Then I updated the podcast page and needed to find an image to go with, hence the Google Image search.  And here's how much of a wimp I am: just looking at still images from a 1970's horror flick I've never even seen was enough to freak me the fuck out.
      I chose an image of the movie poster.  Then I promptly did a Google Image search of kittens to cleanse my mind.

Here is a kitten in a pile of marshmallows.  Looking at this image is very soothing to me.  And to give due credit, I got it from this website: http://toasty-kittens.deviantart.com/
      That's all I've got for you.  U.S. Independence Day is this weekend, if you're of the right nationality and/or in the right country to celebrate.  I suggest home made ice cream.  I'll also be making absurd amounts of pesto, so be prepared for a pesto-related breakfast post.



*Incidentally, anybody born with the last name "Blatty" is going to be teased like crazy.  S/he will have no other choice than to become a bitter recluse, a famous artist, or a stand-up comedian.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.