Sourdough Step Two

      After 36 hours of resting in a warm place, my sourdough instructions say to add more flour and warm water, and mix together. A few thoughts: firstly, why exactly 36 hours? I was silly and made my original dough around noon. Does that mean I have to get up at midnight and do the next step? Well that's not likely, so I did it late, when I got up the next morning.
      Second: the recipe says to mix this into the existing dough. Well my existing dough is so stiff, NOTHING is going to get mixed in! I ended up kneading it in at full force. It took some elbow grease, and made my hands very messy, so my husband had to take the following shot:

This makes my hands look creepy.
      Talk about baking action! The resulting dough was even stiffer than the last one, but I followed the directions, and then stuck it back on top of my fridge for another 24 hours.
Not pretty, but already with an intriguing, slightly yeasty scent.
      We'll see what happens; I'll update tomorrow when I go to Stage Three.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.