I'll Drink to That

      So far 2017 has hit like a right hook to the face, & it keeps on hitting.  Increasing my political activism has left me with relatively little time to write (or blog), but I'm hoping to find balance soon.  I think I did a good job of that this last weekend.  Friday I worked in the morning then went to a movie with family after.  Saturday I went to the Womxn's March in Seattle, which was an all-day, 8.6 miles on foot event, and I loved every minute.  Sunday I slept in, exercised, and then attended a Star Wars marathon at my friend Camela's place (Episodes 4, 5, & 6), while eating comfort food & enjoying a new cocktail for each film.
      The cocktails we chose included a Darth Vader (3/4 oz Godiva Liqueur & 1.5 oz Black Rum, 3 shaken with ice & 3 drops black food coloring) and a Han Solo.  But the marathon was originally envisioned as a tribute to Carrie Fisher, & I was not happy with any of the Princess Leia cocktails I found online.  So I created my own.  And before I forget it, let me share it with you!

Z.D.'s Princess Leia Cocktail

Ingredients
1 sugar cube
Angostura bitters
2.5 oz dry Champagne, divided
cracked ice
1.5 oz Cognac
2-3 tsp Blood Orange Gastrique

Directions
 - Place sugar cube in the bottom of coupe glass, and soak with bitters.  Let sit for a minute, then pour in 1 oz Champagne
 - Add a handful of cracked ice, then pour in Cognac & remaining Champagne.  Drizzle with gastrique, & serve.

   Just like the princess, this is pretty, but stronger than you expect.  It's dry with a sweetness underneath.  Enjoy at your next Star Wars party, or your next rebel meeting.  After all:

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.