This Interruption has been brought to you by Mus Murinae

     I sat down at my laptop this morning ready to write about this great new story idea I had.  Or my new vow to let every complete manuscript sit untouched for a year before I review it for possible publication attempt.  Or the fact that I just received a request from a third agent asking me for additional material.* But then I was interrupted by my cat.
      Or rather, I was distracted by the intent body language of my cat, who was suddenly paying very, very close attention to the space under the chaise.  I'll cut to the chase: it was a mouse.  And it startled the living daylights out of me.  And dealing with the situation took a couple hours.  And the whole story is pretty funny, but I plan on going on in greater detail in the next Shadows On the Sound podcast, because this whole incident inspired our upcoming topic: Phobias.
      No, I do not have a phobia of mice.  But I know people who do.

This is not my cat, nor is it my uninvited mouse.  But this was definitely the mindset of my cat this morning, and if she wasn't front declawed** that rodent would be ribbons.
      Anyway, the Weekly Geeky Query from our last episode (speaking of things that scare people) is: What would be your perfect setting for a horror story?  Don't worry if it's been done, I just want to know what tickles your terror bone.  So to speak.  So ahead and comment on this post with your answer, and we may share it on the next podcast!




*EXPLOSION OF CONFETTI!!!!

**I did not declaw my cat.  She was already declawed when we rescued her from the shelter.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.